Premium Polymer Modified Surface Dressing Emulsion
Premium Polymer Modified Emulsion is a CE marked Premium Polymer Modified Surface Dressing Emulsion produced by COLAS Bitumen Emulsions in accordance with BS EN 13808:2013 Bitumen and Bituminous Binders – Framework for specifying cationic bituminous emulsions.
- Uses surface treatment as surface dressings, patching, repair of potholes and more generally road maintenance. Suitable for high stressed sites (e.g. motorways, junctions etc).
- Is particularly suitable for use with multi-layer surface dressings such as racked-in or double surface dressing processes. These techniques using Premium Polymer Modified Emulsion produces a highly stable interlocked aggregate mosaic, reducing loose chippings in the initial stages, providing a durable long life surface dressing.
- Has improved tensile, cohesive and adhesive strengths, is more temperature resistant than non-polymer emulsions.
- It is the ideal binder to use where a significant improvement in properties such as flexibility and temperature susceptibility is required.
- Is suitable for use on busy roads.
- Incorporates specially developed Adhesion Agents to promote a good bond with the chippings.
- Incorporates a block co-polymer to improve cohesion and durability.
- Is available ex works, delivered to customer’s tanks or can be sprayed for the customer using COLAS Bitumen Emulsion’s fleet of sprayers.
Composition 160-220 pen bitumen, water bitumen emulsifiers, adhesion agents, block co-polymer and fluxant.
Temperature Application temperature 80-85°C.
- Store in Insulated, heated tanks with thermostatic control.
- Storage temperature 40-70°C for long term storage, protect from frost.
- Circulate tanks before loading.
- Before spraying heat to 80-85°C and circulate.
- Precautions non-flammable but will boil and develop steam pressure above 90°C .
- Premium Polymer Modified Emulsion should be sprayed using purpose built Emulsion Sprayers properly maintained and calibrated in accordance with BS1707.
- Application rates should be designed to suit the particular circumstances of the site.
- Best results in surface dressing will be achieved during the main spraying season April – September.
- COLAS Bitumen Emulsions technical staff are available to advise on the application of all our Binders and to assist customers with design.