Tack Coat Emulsion
Cationic 40% is a CE marked Tack Coat Emulsion produced by COLAS Bitumen Emulsions in accordance with IS EN 13808:2013 Bitumen and Bituminous Binders – Framework For Specifying Cationic Emulsions.
Cationic 40% complies with TII Specification; Table 15 of Specification for Road Works Series 900 – Road Pavements – Bituminous Materials (CC-SPW-00900).
- Is our standard tack-coat emulsion for bonding (non-TII) pavement layers;
- Application temperature is 65 to 75°C;
- If stored over a prolonged period, it should be stored at 40 to 60°C, protected from frost and circulated and heated to 70°C before spraying.
- Composition 160-220 pen bitumen, water bitumen emulsifiers, and fluxant.
- Application temperature 65-75°C
- Store in Insulated, heated tanks with thermostatic control
- Storage temperature 40-60°C for long term storage, protect from frost.
- Before spraying heat to 65-75°C and circulate.
- Precautions non-flammable but will boil and develop steam pressure above 90°C
- Cationic 40% should be sprayed using purpose built Emulsion sprayers properly maintained and calibrated in accordance with BS1707 and EN12272-1.
- Cationic 40% can also be used in Fog Spray remedial work on damaged surface dressings where it will help stabilise the chipping mosaic and prevent further damage.
- COLAS Bitumen Emulsions technical staff are available to advise on the application of all our Binders.