Surface Dressing Emulsion
K1 70 is a CE marked Surface Dressing Emulsion produced by COLAS Bitumen Emulsions in accordance with BS EN 13808:2013 Bitumen and Bituminous Binders – Framework for specifying Cationic Bitumen Emulsions.
- Surface treatment as surface dressings, patching, repair of potholes and more generally road maintenance.
- It is particularly suitable for sealing unbound granular materials and roads which have been recycled.
- It incorporates specially developed adhesion agents to promote a good bond with the chippings.
- It is suitable for use in repair applications using truck mounted Patching Units.
- It is available ex works, delivered to customer’s tanks or can be sprayed using COLAS Bitumen Emulsions fleet of sprayers.
- Composition 160-220 pen bitumen, water bitumen emulsifiers, adhesion agents and fluxant. Temperature; Application temperature 80-85°C.
- Store in insulated, heated tanks with thermostatic control.
- Storage temperature 40-70°C for long term storage, protect from frost.
- Before spraying heat to 80-85°C and circulate.
- Precautions non-flammable but will boil and develop steam pressure above 90°C
- K1 70 should be sprayed using purpose built Emulsion sprayers properly maintained and calibrated in accordance with BS1707 and EN12272-1.
- Application rates should be designed to suit the particular circumstances of the site.
- COLAS Bitumen Emulsions technical staff are available to advise on the application of all our Binders.
- Best results in surface dressing will be achieved during the main spraying season April – September