Joint repair treatment
PMB 40-100/50 is a modified hot poured joint sealant designed for the treatment of reinstatements and asphalt overlays giving greater flexibility to the joint.
PMB 40-100/50 is a Polymer modified hot poured joint sealant designed for the treatment of reinstatements and asphalt overlays giving greater flexibility to the joint.
- Overband joints
- Transverse or longitudinal vertical joints
- Patch repairs
- Trench reinstatements
- Drain or manhole frames
- Kerb channels
Ensure that the joints to be sealed are clean and free from dust, fuel and oil spillage. The face of the joints should be dry with a surface temperature ideally of at least 10°C. Do not apply to icy surfaces or in rain.
40-100/50 PMB must be heated before use. For best results, use a heating kettle with an indirect heating system such as hot oil. Ensure that 40-100/50 PMB doesn’t exceed 200°C and that the oil does not exceed 230°C. When hot, pour either from a watering can or direct from the melting kettle via a pressure fed heated hose with a special nozzle. The 20kg cardboard kegs are not suitable for placing on or over direct heat (i.e. gas or wood fire).
For a 40mm vertical joint face and a 2mm coated thickness of 40-100/50 PMB: 0.08kg of 40-100/50 PMB seals approximately one linear metre of joint or a 20kg pack seals approximately 240 linear metres of joint. For overbanding, apply at a rate of 0.5kg / m2
40-100/50 PMB is supplied in 20kg leak proof cardboard kegs (20 x 20kg per pallet).
- Store indoor in cool dry conditions.
- Keep free from frost and extremes of heat.
- Do not stack.
- Do not store in direct sunlight.
40-100/50 PMB is a CE Marked paving grade bitumen complying toBS EN14023:2010 which also complies with BS 594987 clause 6.8 Joints.
40-100/50 PMB is suitable for jointing as required in Clause903.22(ii) of Volume 1 of the Specification for Highway Works.
Full CE Marking information is available on request.
- Wear suitable protective clothing (heat resistant gauntlet gloves, overalls, protective footwear, face visor)
- DO NOT allow water to contact hot material
- DO NOT exceed maximum safe heating temperature
- If molten material contacts skin:
- DO NOT attempt to remove
- Immerse affected area in cold running water for at least 10 minutes
- Seek medical advice without delay
- This product is hazardous for transportation when carried at temperatures above 100°C
For full safety information, please request the PMB 40-100/50 Safety Data Sheet using the contact page.
Colas offer a wide range of products that can be ordered directly from the web.
Product order form