Premium Polymer Modified Surface Dressing Emulsion
Premium Polymer 80 is a CE marked Premium Polymer Modified Surface Dressing Emulsion produced by COLAS Bitumen Emulsions in accordance with EN 1308:2013 Bitumen and Bituminous Binders – Framework For Specifying Cationic Emulsions.
Premium Polymer 80 complies with TII Specification; Table 15 of Specification for Road Works Series 900 – Road Pavements – Bituminous Materials (CC-SPW-00900).
Premium Polymer 80
Premium Polymer 80:
- Our most popular polymer-modified rapid-setting surface dressing emulsion;
- The addition of polymer gives it improved tensile, cohesive and adhesive strengths, compared to a Cationic 70 %;
- Is more resistant to the higher summer temperatures.
- Ideal for surface dressing highly trafficked roads;
- Is particularly suitable for use with multi-layer surface dressings, such as racked-in or double surface dressing processes;
- Produces a highly stable interlocked aggregate mosaic, thereby reduces early life chip-loss and provides a durable long-life surface dressing; and
- Should only be applied during the months of May to September, as it required good drying conditions.
Composition 160-220 pen bitumen, water bitumen emulsifiers, adhesion agents, block co-polymer and fluxant.
Temperature Application temperature 80-85°C.
- Store in Insulated, heated tanks with thermostatic control.
- Storage temperature 40-70°C for long term storage protect from frost.
- Circulate tanks before loading.
- Before spraying heat to 80-85°C and circulate.
- Precautions non-flammable but will boil and develop steam pressure above 90°C
- Premium Polymer 80 should be sprayed using purpose built Emulsion Sprayers properly maintained and calibrated in accordance with BS1707 and EN12272-1.
- Application rates should be designed to suit the particular circumstances of the site.
- Best results in Surface Dressing will be achieved during the main Spraying Season April- September.
- COLAS Bitumen Emulsions technical staff are available to advise on the application of all our Binders and to assist customers with design.