Super Premium Polymer Modified Surface Dressing Emulsion
Super Premium Polymer 80 Bitumen Emulsion is a CE marked Super Premium Polymer Modified Surface Dressing Emulsion produced by COLAS Bitumen Emulsions in accordance with IS EN 1308:2013 Bitumen and Bituminous Binders – Framework For Specifying Cationic Emulsions.
Super Premium Polymer 80 complies with TII Specification; Table 15 of Specification for Road Works Series 900 – Road Pavements – Bituminous Materials (CC-SPW-00900).
Super Premium Polymer 80
Super Premium Polymer 80:
- Is our highest grade of polymer modified emulsions for surface dressing; and
- Is used for the most heavily trafficked national roads;
- They are more suited to medium trafficked roads, as they don’t provide the same level of cohesion as Polymer 80 but are more durable than Cationic 70%.
Composition 160-220 pen bitumen, water bitumen emulsifiers, adhesion agents block co-polymer and fluxant.
Temperature Application temperature 80-85°C
- Store in Insulated, heated tanks with thermostatic control.
- Storage temperature 40-80°C for long term storage, protect from frost.
- Circulate tanks before loading.
- Before spraying heat to 80-850C and circulate.
- Precautions non-flammable but will boil and develop steam pressure above 90°C.
- Super Premium Polymer 80 should be sprayed using purpose built Emulsion sprayers properly maintained and calibrated in accordance with BS1707 and EN12272-1.
- Application rates should be designed to suit the particular circumstances of the site.
- Best results in Surface Dressing will be achieved during the main Spraying Season April- September.
- COLAS Bitumen Emulsions technical staff are available to advise on the application of all our Binders and to assist customers with design.