PMB 40-100/50 is a modified hot poured joint sealant designed for the treatment of reinstatements and asphalt overlays giving greater flexibility to the joint.
- Transverse or longitudinal vertical joints
- Patch repairs
- Trench reinstatements
- Drain or manhole frames
- Kerb channels
Ensure that the joints to be sealed are clean and free from dust, fuel and oil spillage. The face of the joints should be dry with a surface temperature ideally of at least 10°C. Do not apply to icy surfaces or in rain.
40/60 PMB must be heated before use. For best results, use a heating kettle with an indirect heating system such as hot oil. Ensure that 40/100 PMB doesn't exceed 200°C and that the oil does not exceed 230°C. When hot, pour either from a watering can or direct from the melting kettle via a pressure fed heated hose with a special nozzle. The 25kg tin pails are not suitable for placing on or over direct heat (i.e. gas or wood fire).
For a 40mm vertical joint face and a 2mm coated thickness of 40/100 PMB: 0.08kg of 40/100 PMB seals approximately one linear metre of joint or a 25kg pack seals approximately 300 linear metres of joint.
40/100 PMB is supplied in 25kg metal pails with handles (24 x25kg per pallet) being leak proof, these pails are particularlyconvenient for use during hot weather.
Keep free from frost and extremes of heat. Do not stack. Do notstore in direct sunlight.
40/60 PMB is a CE Marked paving grade bitumen complying toBS EN14023:2010 which also complies with BS 594987 clause 6.8 Joints.
40/60 PMB is suitable for jointing as required in Clause903.22(ii) of Volume 1 of the Specification for Highway Works.
Full CE Marking information is available from the Colas Products website. www.colasproducts.co.uk
- Wear suitable protective clothing (heat resistant gauntlet gloves, overalls, protective footwear, face visor)
- DO NOT allow water to contact hot material
- DO NOT exceed maximum safe heating temperature
- If molten material contacts skin:
- DO NOT attempt to remove
- Immerse affected area in cold running water for at least 10 minutes
- Seek medical advice without delay
- This product is hazardous for transportation when carried at temperatures above 100°C
For full safety information, please request the PMB 40-100/50 Safety Data Sheet using the contact information below.